How to Create a Simple HTML DocumentSee HTML: Tips and Tricks for similar articles.
In this exercise, you will create your first HTML document by simply copying the text shown below. The purpose is to give you some sense of the structure of an HTML document.
- Open a simple text editor, such as Notepad, and create a new file. Do not use an HTML editor for this exercise.
- Save the file on your computer as
- Type the following exactly as shown:
<!DOCTYPE HTML> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <title>Hello world!</title> </head> <body> <p> Hello world! </p> </body> </html>
- Save the file again and then open it in your browser by navigating to the file in your folder system and double-clicking on it. The page should appear as follows:
- HTML Heading Levels and Sectioning Content
- How to Ask Good Technical Questions
- How to Properly Nest Lists in HTML
- How to Install and Use Visual Studio Code for Class
- How to Open HTML Files in Your Browser from Visual Studio Code
- How to Create a Simple HTML Document (this article)
- How to Work with Empty and Container Tags in HTML
- How to Mark Up a Citation in HTML
- How to Create an HTML Table
- How to Force a Refresh of favicon.ico