How to Install and Use Visual Studio Code for ClassSee HTML: Tips and Tricks for similar articles.
Visual Studio Code is an excellent IDE to use when learning to develop web sites. It provides a nice balance of power and simplicity and it is available on Windows and Mac.
Follow these instructions to set up Visual Studio Code for your course.
- Download Visual Studio Code for your operating system.
- Install Visual Studio Code.
- Open Visual Studio Code.
- On the Welcome Screen, under Start, click the Open Folder... link.
- Navigate to the folder in which you installed your Webucator class files and open the folder (note that the folder name might be different than shown below):
- You will see the class files (names might be different than shown below) listed in Visual Studio Code's Explorer:
- To open a file for editing, navigate to the file and double click it. It will open in a tab and appear under OPEN EDITORS. The tab will remain open until you explicitly close it.
- To quickly view a file, just single click it. It will open in a tab and appear under OPEN EDITORS in italics and will only stay there until you view or open another file. However, if you make a change to the file, it will remain open until you explicitly close it.
There is a lot more to Visual Studio Code, but this is all you need to know to get started. Have fun!
- How to Ask Good Technical Questions
- How to Properly Nest Lists in HTML
- How to Install and Use Visual Studio Code for Class (this article)
- How to Open HTML Files in Your Browser from Visual Studio Code
- How to Create a Simple HTML Document
- How to Work with Empty and Container Tags in HTML
- How to Mark Up a Citation in HTML
- How to Create an HTML Table
- How to Force a Refresh of favicon.ico