How to Swap Symbols in Adobe AnimateSee Adobe Animate: Tips and Tricks for similar articles.
Once an instance has been placed on the stage, you might decide to replace it with another. For example, if you are making a photo gallery, you might want the first image to fade in, then fade out, followed by a second image fading in. And you will likely want the next image to fade in to the exact same spot. One way to do this is to swap one for the other. Swapping can be used for both symbols and images. In this example, I'll use an image.
- With the original image selected, go to the Properties panel and click Swap.
- The dialog box will list assets in the library. Select the image you want to use and click OK.
- How to Create Movie Clip Symbols in Adobe Animate
- How to Use the Bone Tool in Adobe Animate
- How to Swap Symbols in Adobe Animate (this article)
- How to Change Pacing and Timing in Adobe Animate
- How to Work with Panels in Adobe Animate
- How to Increase the Number of Undo Levels in Adobe Animate
- How to Create a Photo Gallery Using Motion Presets in Adobe Animate
- How to Duplicate a Symbol in Adobe Animate
- How to Alter Instances in Adobe Animate