How to Duplicate a Symbol in Adobe AnimateSee Adobe Animate: Tips and Tricks for similar articles.
Symbols in Adobe Animate can be graphics, buttons, or movie clips, which are stored in the Library Panel. This helps keep file size down because if a symbol is used more than once, the information about that object isn't repeated with every instance. If you need a new symbol that is very similar to one that already exists, the existing symbol can be duplicated and then modified. To duplicate a symbol in Animate, follow these three steps.
- If the Library Panel is not on the Panel Dock, go to Window > Library.
- Select the symbol in the Library Panel, then right-click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on it and choose Duplicate.
- Name the symbol as desired in the next dialog box and click OK.
- How to Create Movie Clip Symbols in Adobe Animate
- How to Use the Bone Tool in Adobe Animate
- How to Swap Symbols in Adobe Animate
- How to Change Pacing and Timing in Adobe Animate
- How to Work with Panels in Adobe Animate
- How to Increase the Number of Undo Levels in Adobe Animate
- How to Create a Photo Gallery Using Motion Presets in Adobe Animate
- How to Duplicate a Symbol in Adobe Animate (this article)
- How to Alter Instances in Adobe Animate