Introduction to Microsoft Word Training
In this Introduction to Microsoft Word class, you will learn to create professional Word documents. This beginner-level course teaches you to create, edit, format, and print worksheets. The instructor will show you time-saving shortcuts and important best practices. Packed with hands-on exercises, you will get experience with the most popular Excel tools and concepts.
Take this class and begin using Word at work with confidence!
Word Version: This course primarily targets Word 365 and Word 2021; however, we draw attention to features that are not supported in earlier versions of Word, and point out alternative options, when available.
- Create and edit Microsoft Word documents.
- Find tools and features using the Ribbon.
- Use the Quick Access Toolbar to expedite your work.
- Use the File tab to find important features like open, print, properties, and recent files.
- Build impressive new documents and use Word templates.
- Format text and other elements to keep your documents clear, organized, and easy to read.
- Use Styles to quickly and correctly adjust the appearance of your text.
- Add page numbers, headers, and footers.
- Use spell check and grammar check to create error-free documents.
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to an On-Demand course.
This course has been tested and approved by ProCert labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware. The course has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). Our curriculum has been tested and approved by ProCert Labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware, and has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
- Office 365 Setup Maneuver
- Logging in to Microsoft 365
- Installing Applications
- Creating New Files and AutoSaving
- Protected View
- File Sharing
- File Collaboration
- Version History
- Getting Updates
- Mac Versions
- Creating a Microsoft Word Document
- Starting Microsoft Word
- Creating a Document
- Saving a Document
- The Status Bar
- Closing a Document
- Create a Microsoft Word Document (exercise)
- Opening Documents
- The Ribbon
- Groups and Commands
- Microsoft Search Box
- Customizing the Ribbon
- The Backstage View (The File Menu)
- Introduction to the Backstage View
- Opening a Document
- Open a Document (exercise)
- New Documents and Word Templates
- Write a Thank You Letter Using a Template Letter (exercise)
- Configuring Documents to Print
- Print a Document (exercise)
- Adding Your Name to Microsoft Word
- Adding Values to Document Properties
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Getting Started
- Adding Common Commands
- Adding Additional Commands with the Customize Dialog
- Adding Ribbon Commands or Groups
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar (exercise)
- Formatting Microsoft Word Documents
- Entering Text (exercise)
- Selecting Text
- Working with Fonts (exercise)
- Working with Lists
- Adding Lists to a Document (exercise)
- Inserting a Hyperlink in a Document
- Inserting a Hyperlink (exercise)
- Using Styles
- Applying and Creating Custom Styles (exercise)
- Using Themes
- Using the Ruler
- Using Tabs (exercise)
- Setting Margins
- Setting Margins (exercise)
- Special Characters
- Page Background Elements
- Editing Documents
- Find and Replace
- Using Find and Replace (exercise)
- Using the Clipboard
- Using the Clipboard (exercise)
- Search Options
- Inserting Text from Another File
- Finalizing Microsoft Word Documents
- Adding Page Numbers
- Adding Page Numbers (exercise)
- Headers and Footers
- Using Headers and Footers (exercise)
- Microsoft Editor
- Checking Spelling and Grammar
- Checking Spelling and Grammar (exercise)
- Internationalization and Accessibility
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Word class:
- Familiarity with using a personal computer, mouse, and keyboard.
- Comfortable in the Windows environment.
- Ability to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors
- On Demand 24/7
- Full Year of Access
- Learn more