Intermediate Microsoft Word Training
This Intermediate Word class will help you optimize your documents for readability, organization, and appearance.
Class starts with advanced formatting including line and paragraph spacing, default and custom styles, formatting symbols, and more. Then, you learn strategies to keep your information organized and presentable using tables. Next, you will learn to add logos, shapes, charts, and other important visuals while maintaining the professional appearance of your documents. From there, you will get hands-on with page layout tools including alignment guides, columns, spacing, custom fields, and more. Finally, the class wraps up with tips on how to use document views to optimize your workflow.
Word Version: This course primarily targets Word 365 and Word 2021; however, we draw attention to features that are not supported in earlier versions of Word, and point out alternative options, when available.
- Create professional-looking documents with advanced editing tools.
- Use tables to manage and organize information.
- Master best practices for working with images including placement, sizing, text wraps, borders, and effects.
- Adjust page layout to create clear, readable documents.
- Add and edit columns to sort information easily.
- Manage page breaks and section breaks.
- Use images, logos, and other visuals while maintaining the professional appearance of your document.
- Leverage document views, the navigation pane, and multiple window options to work more efficiently.
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to an On-Demand course.
This course has been tested and approved by ProCert labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware. The course has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). Our curriculum has been tested and approved by ProCert Labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware, and has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
- Advanced Formatting
- Shading and Borders
- Using Shading and Borders (exercise)
- Setting Line and Paragraph Spacing
- Changing Styles
- Changing Styles (exercise)
- Paragraph Marks and Other Formatting Symbols
- Using Formatting Symbols (exercise)
- Character Space Options
- Changing the Default Font
- Custom Design Elements
- Editing PDF Documents in Microsoft Word
- Working with Tables
- Inserting a Table
- Converting Tables to Text
- Sorting Table Data
- Setting Cell Margins
- Modifying Table Dimensions
- Merging and Splitting Cells
- Applying Formulas to a Table
- Insert a Table (exercise)
- Table Styles
- Adding Styles to a Table (exercise)
- Manipulating Rows, Columns, and Cells
- Restructuring and Formatting a Table (exercise)
- Working with Images
- Inserting Images
- Insert an Image into a Microsoft Word Document (exercise)
- Placing and Sizing Images
- Place and Size an Image in a Microsoft Word Document (exercise)
- Wrapping Text around an Image
- Wrapping Text around an Image (exercise)
- Adjusting Images
- Borders and Effects
- Using Live Layout and Alignment Guides
- Page Layout
- Orientation and Paper Size
- Working with Columns
- Changing the Page Setup (exercise)
- Page and Section Breaks
- Adding Titles to Sections
- Adding Page and Section Breaks (exercise)
- Line Numbers
- Working with Illustrations
- Adding and Editing Charts
- Working with Charts (exercise)
- Inserting Images
- Inserting a Picture (exercise)
- Using Shapes
- Working with Icons
- 3D Models
- Adding Shapes (exercise)
- Working with SmartArt
- Working with SmartArt (exercise)
- Using Building Blocks
- Inserting a Building Block in a Document (exercise)
- Viewing Your Documents
- Document Views
- Using the Navigation Pane
- Using the Navigation Pane (exercise)
- Multiple Windows
- Working with Multiple Windows (exercise)
- Object Zoom Feature
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Word class:
- Basic Word skills
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites:
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors
- On Demand 24/7
- Full Year of Access
- Learn more