Advanced Microsoft Word Training
In this Advanced Microsoft Word class, you will master complex tasks involving collaboration, communication, security, long documents, automation, and more.
The class starts with important tools to help you manage large documents including table of contents, footnotes, endnotes, and outlines. Then, you will gain experience tracking changes, comparing documents, combining documents, and other processes to help you collaborate with others more effectively. Then, you will continue to improve your collaboration practices by learning about document security and cloud sharing options. You will leverage communication features including mail merge, language and translation options, and accessibility tools. Finally, the class wraps up with tools to help you work more efficiently including task automation with macros, customizing your ribbon, and more.
Word Version: This course primarily targets Word 365 and Word 2021; however, we draw attention to features that are not supported in earlier versions of Word, and point out alternative options, when available.
- Create easy-to-navigate documents with tables of contents, indexes, and outlines.
- Use citation tools including footnotes, endnotes, and bibliographies.
- Collaborate effectively using comments and track changes.
- Save time by learning to compare and combine documents.
- Use correspondence tools for creating mail merges, envelopes and labels.
- Protect your documents with read-only settings, watermarks, and other security features.
- Easily prepare your documents for any audience with internationalization and accessibility tools.
- Automate repetitive tasks using macros.
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to an On-Demand course.
This course has been tested and approved by ProCert labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware. The course has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). Our curriculum has been tested and approved by ProCert Labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware, and has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
- Working with Long Documents
- Adding a Table of Contents
- Updating the Table of Contents
- Deleting the Table of Contents
- Insert and Update a Table of Contents (exercise)
- Cross References
- Footnotes and Endnotes
- Working with Footnotes (exercise)
- Inserting Citations and a Bibliography
- Insert Citations and a Bibliography (exercise)
- Adding an Index
- Inserting an Index (exercise)
- Inserting a Table of Figures
- Inserting and Updating a Table of Authorities
- Using Bookmarks
- Go To Feature
- Reviewing and Collaborating on Documents
- Adding Comments
- Adding Comments to a Document (exercise)
- Tracking Changes
- Tracking Changes (exercise)
- Viewing Changes
- Viewing Markup (exercise)
- Accepting and Rejecting Changes
- Accepting and Rejecting Changes (exercise)
- Comparing and Combining Documents
- Comparing Documents
- Comparing Documents (exercise)
- Combining Documents
- Combining Documents (exercise)
- Showing the Developer Tab
- Date Picker Content Control (exercise)
- Plain Text Content Control (exercise)
- Drop-Down List Content Control (exercise)
- Check Box Content Control (exercise)
- Rich Text Content Control (exercise)
- Restricting Editing to Form Fields (exercise)
- Managing Mailings
- Creating Envelopes and Labels
- Printing an Envelope (exercise)
- Using Mail Merge
- Using Mail Merge (exercise)
- Protecting Documents
- Marking Documents Final
- Password Protect Word Documents
- Removing Metadata from Files
- Restrict Formatting and Editing
- Protecting a Document (exercise)
- Adding Watermarks
- Adding Custom Watermarks (exercise)
- Using Macros
- Recording a Macro (exercise)
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Word class:
- Intermediate Word experience.
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites:
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors
- On Demand 24/7
- Full Year of Access
- Learn more