- Learn to do conditional processing.
- Learn to use ROLLUP and GROUP_CONCAT.
- Learn to use character and non-character SQL functions.
- Learn to use the LIMIT clause in SELECT and DML statements.
- Learn to examine database components.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
This MySQL training class helps students master SQL using a MySQL database. The class is useful for people who have to write advanced reports against a MySQL database and for developers who will need to build applications with a MySQL backend.
- Conditional Processing
- The IF Function
- The IFNULL Function
- The NULLIF Function
- The Case Expression
- Enhancing Groups With GROUP_CONCAT and ROLLUP
- About Group Processing
- Simple GROUP BY
- ROLLUP Function
- ROLLUP with IFNULL Function
- SQL Functions (Character)
- What Are SQL Functions?
- Character Functions
- Regular Expressions
- SQL Functions (Non-Character)
- Numeric Functions
- Date/Time Functions
- The LIMIT clause
- Using the LIMIT clause to display the first n records
- ORDER BY and LIMIT Clauses in UPDATE
- ORDER BY and LIMIT Clauses in DELETE
- Retrieving Database Information
- The SHOW and DESCRIBE Statements
- The INFORMATION_SCHEMA Tables
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this MySQL class:
- Basic SQL Skills
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites:
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors