- Open Terminal by pressing Command+Space to open Spotlight Search and entering
terminalinto the search box.
- Enter the following command, then press Return to create a file named test-node.js containing a simple application that will print out the result 1 + 1.
echo "console.log(1+1);" >> test-node.js
nodefollowed by the name of the application, which is test-node.js in this case, and then press Return.
The result of running the application will be printed out to the terminal.
- How to Install Node.js on a Mac
- How to Run a Node.js Application on Windows
- How to Send and Receive JSON Data to and from the Server
- How to Run a Node.js Application on a Mac (this article)
- How to Install Node.js on Windows