Introduction to CSS Training
This CSS training class teaches students to use Cascading Style Sheets to format HTML pages.
This course has been updated to use the latest CSS3 methods.
- Learn the benefits of CSS.
- Learn to avoid using deprecated tags and attributes.
- Learn CSS syntax.
- Learn to use <div> and <span> tags appropriately.
- Learn most of the common properties and their values.
- Learn to create custom CSS cursors.
- Learn to style links with CSS to create "CSS Buttons".
- Learn to work with borders, margin, and padding (the box model).
- Learn to style tables with CSS.
- Crash Course in CSS
- Benefits of Cascading Style Sheets
- CSS Rules
- Precedence of Selectors
- The Cascade
- Creating an Embedded Style Sheet
- Creating an External Style Sheet
- Adding Inline Styles
- Media Types
- <div> and <span>
- Divs and Spans
- Units of Measurement
- The Inherit Value
- CSS Fonts
- Font - the old way
- Font Family and Font Size
- Font Style, Font Variant and Font Weight
- CSS Text
- Text Properties
- Backgrounds and Colors
- About Color Values
- Colors and Backgrounds
- CSS and Links
- CSS Button Links
- Modifying Links
- Borders, Margins and Padding
- Getting Started
- Borders, Margin and Padding
- Styling Tables with CSS
- A Review of HTML Table Syntax
- Styling a Table
- Transforms and Transitions
- Two-dimensional Transforms
- Transitions and Transforms
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this CSS class:
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites:
Preparing for Class