- Learn to describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
- Learn to create a multidimensional database with analysis services.
- Learn to implement dimensions in a cube.
- Learn to implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
- Learn to use MDX syntax.
- Learn to customize a cube.
- Learn to implement a tabular database.
- Learn to use DAX to query a tabular model.
- Learn to use data mining for predictive analysis.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
This three-day Developing SQL Data Models training class is aimed at database professionals who fulfill a Business Intelligence (BI) developer role. This course looks at implementing multidimensional databases by using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and at creating tabular semantic data models for analysis with SSAS.
The primary audience for this course is database professionals who need to fulfill a BI Developer role to create enterprise BI solutions. The secondary audience for this course is ‘power’ information workers/data analysts.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). This class uses official Microsoft courseware and will be delivered by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
- Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- The Microsoft business intelligence platform
- Lab: Exploring a Data Warehouse
- Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Introduction to multidimensional analysis
- Creating data sources and data source views
- Creating a cube
- Overview of cube security
- Lab: Creating a multidimensional database
- Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Configuring dimensions
- Define attribute hierarchies
- Sorting and grouping attributes
- Lab: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Working with measures
- Working with measure groups
- Lab: Configuring Measures and Measure Groups
- Introduction to MDX
- MDX fundamentals
- Adding calculations to a cube
- Using MDX to query a cube
- Lab: Using MDX
- Customizing Cube Functionality
- Implementing key performance indicators
- Implementing actions
- Implementing perspectives
- Implementing translations
- Lab: Customizing a Cube
- Implementing a Tabular Data Model by Using Analysis Services
- Introduction to tabular data models
- Creating a tabular data model
- Using an analysis services tabular model in an enterprise BI solution
- Lab: Working with an Analysis services tabular data model
- Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
- DAX fundamentals
- Using DAX to create calculated columns and measures in a tabular data model
- Lab: Creating Calculated Columns and Measures by using DAX
- Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
- Overview of data mining
- Using the data mining add-in for Excel
- Creating a custom data mining solution
- Validating a data mining model
- Connecting to and consuming a data mining model
- Lab: Perform Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SQL Server class:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases. .
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors