- Use SQL Server query tools
- Write SELECT statements to retrieve columns from one or more tables
- Sort and filter selected data
- Use built-in functions to returned data values
- Create groups of data and aggregate the results
- Modify data with Transact-SQL using INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and MERGE
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
This Querying Data with Microsoft Transact-SQL training class teaches how to use Transact-SQL to query and modify data in relational databases that are hosted in Microsoft SQL Server-based database systems, including: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and, Azure Synapse Analytics.
This course can be valuable for anyone who needs to write basic SQL or Transact-SQL queries. This includes anyone working with data as a data analyst, a data engineer, a data scientist, a database administrator or a database developer. It can also be useful for others peripherally involved with data, or wanting to learn more about working with data such as solution architects, students and technology managers.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). This class uses official Microsoft courseware and will be delivered by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
- Getting Started with Transact-SQL
- Introduction to Transact-SQL
- Using the SELECT statement
- Lab: Get started with SQL Server query tools and writing queries in T-SQL
- Sorting and Filtering Query Results
- Sorting query results
- Filtering the data
- Lab: Sort and filter data returned by SELECT queries
- Using Joins and Subqueries
- Using JOIN operations
- Using subqueries
- Lab: Write queries with JOIN operations
- Lab: Write SELECT statements using subqueries
- Using Built-in Functions
- Getting started with scalar functions
- Grouping aggregated results
- Lab: Built-in functions
- Modifying Data
- Inserting data into tables
- Modifying and deleting data
- Lab: Modify data
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SQL Server class:
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors