Setup for Apache Tomcat Administration for Windows Training
- Operating System: Windows 10 or later.
- Java Development Toolkit (Amazon Coretto 11). A link to the download is provided in the setup instructions.
- MySQL Community Server 5.7 (download here and make note of the root password during the install).
- Apache 2.4 64-bit (download here).
Install the required software before your class starts.
Install Java Development Toolkit (JDK)
- Download the Amazon Coretto 11 JDK. Scroll through the list of download links to find your operating system. Click on the download link for your operating system. For example, for Windows x64 download the .msi file.
- Install the JDK on your computer. For example, for Windows x64 double click the .msi file to install the JDK.
Test your Setup
- Click the Start button and enter
cmdin the Search programs and files box. Press ENTER.
- A MSDOS shell will open. At the prompt, enter
java –versionpress hit ENTER.
- Make sure you see the correct version, or the version you chose to install. This version represents the Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- In the same MSDOS shell, enter
javac –versionand press ENTER. This is the version of the Java compiler. Make sure the version displayed matches the version of the JVM. If it does not match, check the
JAVA_HOMEenvironment variable for typos.
Courses, Courseware, and Class Files
This setup page is used for the following course and courseware:
This is for other training companies who are licensing Webucator courseware. If you are a student in a Webucator class, you should use one of the links above or (even better) the class files link on your company landing page or main class page. If you’re not sure, please email email@example.com.
- Courseware: Tomcat Administration for Windows.