Setup for React Training
- Operating system:
- PC: Windows 10 or later
- Mac: OS X Mountain Lion (version 10.8) or later
- Google Chrome
- Visual Studio Code (You can use any editor that you like; however, if you don't have a preference, we recommend Visual Studio Code.)
*Students must have Administrator permissions on their computers.
Creating the Webucator Folder
The first step to setting up for your course is to create the folder in which you will store your class files: Create a new folder named Webucator wherever you want, but make sure you remember where it is.
Getting the Class Files
- Download the React class files, which you can find at the bottom of this page.
- Unzip the class files into the Webucator folder:
- This will create a folder called ClassFiles. The structure should look like this:
Visual Studio Code
- Download Visual Studio Code for your operating system.
- Install Visual Studio Code.
- Create a folder somewhere on your computer for storing Visual Studio Code workspaces. Name the folder vs-code-workspaces or something similar.
- Open Visual Studio Code.
- From the File menu, select Save Workspace As…
- Save the workspace as Webucator within the workspaces folder you created earlier:
- If Visual Studio Code's Explorer panel isn't open, open it by clicking the files icon on the upper left (circled below in orange). Then click the Add Folder button:
If you don’t see Add Folder, then select File > Add Folder to Workspace.
- Select the ClassFiles folder and click Add:
- You will now see the ClassFiles folder in Visual Studio Code's Explorer panel:
You are ready to start the course.
Courses, Courseware, and Class Files
This setup page is used for the following course and courseware:
- React Training.
- All students should download the following class files:
This is for other training companies who are licensing Webucator courseware. If you are a student in a Webucator class, you should use one of the links above or (even better) the class files link on your company landing page or main class page. If you’re not sure, please email email@example.com.
- Courseware: React Training.