Beginning Swift Training
- Explore the fundamental Swift programming concepts, language structure, and the Swift programming syntax.
- Transform your thinking to leverage new concepts, such as optionals and protocols.
- Learn to use key language elements, such as strings and collections in Swift.
- Grasp how Swift supports modern application development using advanced features, such as built-in Unicode support and higher-order functions.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
This Swift programming course gives students new to Swift programming their first step into programming for Apple devices with Swift. Swift is fundamentally different from Objective-C, as it is a protocol-oriented language. While you can still write normal object-oriented code in Swift, it requires a new way of thinking to take advantage of its powerful features, and a solid understanding of the basics to become productive.
After completing this course, you will be able to begin developing native end-user applications for iOS and macOS or develop server-side (backend) applications and web services using Swift on Linux.
This course is aimed at developers seeking fundamental Swift programming skills in preparation for learning how to develop native applications for iOS and macOS.
- Swift Basics
- Swift Program Structure
- Swift Variables and Constants
- Swift Data Types
- Swift Operators and Control Flow
- Swift Operators
- Functions, Classes, and Structs
- Error Handling
- Object-Oriented Features
- String Fundamentals
- Using Strings
- Functional Programming and Lazy Operations
- Functional Methods
- Lazy Operations
- Swifty Code
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following would be useful for this Apple Swift class:
- Some object-oriented programming experience is desired.
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors