Advanced Python 3 Training
- Lambda functions.
- Advanced list comprehensions.
- Mapping and filtering.
- Sorting sequences.
- Unpacking sequences in function calls.
- Modules and packages.
- Understanding regular expressions.
- Data stored in a relational database.
- Data stored in a CSV file.
- Data from a web page.
- HTML, XML, and JSON.
- Accessing an API.
- Testing performance with timers and the
- Classes and objects in Python.
- Instance methods, class methods, and static methods.
- Subclasses and inheritance.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to an On-Demand course.
This Advanced Python training course picks up where our Introduction to Python course leaves off. This course is for students who have taken the introductory course and are ready to learn more and for students who have some experience programming with Python and are ready to go to the next level. The course was written using Python 3.8, but is relevant for all students using Python 3.
- Advanced Python Concepts
- Lambda Functions
- Advanced List Comprehensions
- Exercise: Rolling Five Dice
- Collections Module
- Exercise: Creating a defaultdict
- Exercise: Creating a Counter
- Mapping and Filtering
- Mutable and Immutable Built-in Objects
- Exercise: Converting list.sort() to sorted(iterable)
- Sorting Sequences of Sequences
- Creating a Dictionary from Two Sequences
- Unpacking Sequences in Function Calls
- Exercise: Converting a String to a datetime.date Object
- Modules and Packages
- Regular Expressions
- Regular Expression Tester
- Regular Expression Syntax
- Python's Handling of Regular Expressions
- Exercise: Green Glass Door
- Working with Data
- Virtual Environment
- Relational Databases
- Passing Parameters
- Exercise: Querying a SQLite Database
- SQLite Database in Memory
- Exercise: Inserting File Data into a Database
- Drivers for Other Databases
- Exercise: Finding Data in a CSV File
- Creating a New CSV File
- Exercise: Creating a CSV with DictWriter
- Getting Data from the Web
- Exercise: HTML Scraping
- Exercise: JSON Home Runs
- Testing and Debugging
- Testing for Performance
- Exercise: Comparing Times to Execute
- The unittest Module
- Exercise: Fixing Functions
- Special unittest.TestCase Methods
- Classes and Objects
- Classes vs. Objects
- Attributes and Methods
- Exercise: Adding a roll() Method to Die
- Private Attributes
- Exercise: Properties
- Objects that Track their Own History
- Documenting Classes
- Exercise: Documenting the Die Class
- Exercise: Extending the Die Class
- Extending a Class Method
- Exercise: Extending the roll() Method
- Static Methods
- Class Attributes and Methods
- Abstract Classes and Methods
- Understanding Decorators
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Python class:
- Basic Python programming experience. In particular, you should be very comfortable with:
- Working with strings.
- Working with lists, tuples and dictionaries.
- Loops and conditionals.
- Writing your own functions.
Experience in the following would be useful for this Python class:
- Some exposure to HTML, XML, JSON, and SQL.
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites: