Access Programming with VBA
In this introductory Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) training course, you will learn how to manipulate objects in Access with VBA. Specifically, you will learn how to use the Visual Basic editor, work with the object model, create and use variables, and use the selection structure. You will learn to use flow control, create custom dialogs, automate processes, and handle errors.
Each lesson of the class begins with a general overview of a feature and then shows how that feature works in Access.
Our public classes use the most current version of the software, but if you’re on an earlier version, our instructor will point out any differences. For private classes, we will use the version of the software you use in your office.
- Understand how the Visual Basic editor works in Access.
- Learn to work with the VBA object model.
- Learn to work with VBA object variables.
- Learn to work with string variables.
- Learn to work with date variables.
- Learn to work with numeric variables.
- Learn to use the selection structure.
- Learn to use the Select Case statement and the MsgBox function.
- Learn to work with the repetition structure.
- Learn to work with option button, check box, and list box controls.
- Learn to use Automation.
- Learn to trap errors.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). Our curriculum has been tested and approved by ProCert Labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware, and has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
- Introducing the Visual Basic Editor
- Using the Visual Basic Editor
- Working with the Object Model
- Using the Object Model
- Working with the Object Variables
- Creating and Using Object Variables
- Working with String Variables
- Using String Variables
- Working with Date Variables
- Discussing Date Variables
- Using Date Variables
- Working with Numeric Variables
- Discussing Numeric Variables
- Using Numeric Variables
- Using the Selection Structure
- Discussing the Selection Structure
- Using the Selection Structure
- Using the Select Case Statement and the MsgBox Function
- Understanding Select Case Statement and MsgBox Function
- Using the Select Case Statement and the Msgbox Function
- Working with the Repetition Structure and the With Statement
- Understanding the Repetition Structure and the With Statement
- Using the Repetition Structure and the With Statement
- Advanced Repetition Structure and String Functions
- Using the String Repetition Structure and String Functions
- Working with Option Button, Check Box, and List Box Controls
- Discussing the Dialog Box Controls
- Using the Option Button, Check Box, and List Box Controls
- Understanding the Automation Process
- Using Automation
- Advanced Automation and Error Trapping
- Discussing Automation and Error Trapping
- Using Automation and Error Trapping
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Access class:
- Experience with Microsoft Access.
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors