Customizing the Ribbon so that those commands you use most frequently appear on your home tab is a very useful way to set up Microsoft Word. Follow the steps below to personalize the Ribbon.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Word: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- From the File menu, select Options.
- Select Customize Ribbon.
- Create a Custom Tab or Custom Group by selecting a tab on the right and then selecting New Tab or New Group.
- Note that if you create a new tab, a new group is automatically created as well. This is because commands must be added to groups, not tabs, so all tabs must have at least one group.
- Select the New Tab and then Rename to name the new tab.
- Select the New Group and then Rename to name the new group.
- To add a command to the new group, select the new group on the right, select a command on the left, and click Add.