Business Writing Basics Training
- Learn proper preparation steps before beginning a writing project.
- Summarize the principles of writing effective business communications.
- Demonstrate the ability to write a business proposal, complete with visuals and an executive summary that employ effective strategies of persuasion.
- Learn to communicate to the audience effectively through focused, well-written business communications.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to an On-Demand course.
This Business Writing Training class will give business professionals the tools they need to write effective, efficient business correspondence. Students will learn how to get started on a writing project, use appropriate business tone in the document, and discern between the different kinds of business correspondence. Students will learn how to decide what the appropriate vehicle is for written communication in business, electronic or hard copy.
- Major Functions and Forms of Business Writing
- The Four Major Functions of Business Writing
- Preparing to Write
- Exercise: Form and Functions of Business Writing
- Qualities of Effective Business Writing
- Using the Qualities of Effective Business Writing
- Exercise: Identifying the Function and Effectiveness of Business Writing
- Writing and Communication Guidelines
- Consider Your Audience
- Exercise: Understanding Your Audience
- Anticipate Questions and Reactions
- Formal vs Informal Writing
- Emphasis of Important Information
- Exercise: Reviewing Writing Guidelines
- Tone and Purpose
- Tone in Business Writing
- Exercise: Understanding Desired Outcomes
- Exercise: Understanding Informative and Persuasive Techniques
- Organizing Information
- Organizational Patterns
- Exercise: Organizing Information
- Organizing Negative Information to Improve Outcomes
- Exercise: Check for Understanding: Positive and Negative News
- Email and Instant Messenger
- Email Dos and Don'ts
- Exercise: Structuring the Communication for Optimal Results
- Instant Messenger
- Exercise: Determining Appropriate Electronic Communication Methods
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.