- Adjust content for technical and non-technical readers
- Organize ideas from various sources and multiple content contributors
- Edit technical documents for clarity and conciseness
- Hold the reader’s interest throughout the entire document
Technical professionals contribute to an exceptional array of products. In designing, developing, and testing these products, they need to clearly document their work to colleagues, customers, and management.
In this engaging, hands-on workshop, participants will learn tips, tricks, and best practices to improve their technical writing. By the end of this class, participants will be equipped to craft clear, compelling technical documentation.
- Determine the document purpose
- Plan the scope of documents
- Adjust content based on audience and situation
- Verify content is complete and correct
- Produce content quickly
- Capture the reader’s attention
- Effectively include technical details, processes, and procedures
- Follow technical writing formats and guidelines
- Organize the document logically
- Emphasize the most critical information
- Edit for clarity and conciseness
- Maintain technical terminology while eliminating meaningless jargon
- Avoid the most common technical writing errors
- Eliminate errors with proofreading techniques
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.