- Create relevant, specific content that meets project requirements and audience needs
- Use simple, straight-forward language and appropriate visuals that aid in reader comprehension
- Produce clear, concise documents
Achieve important business outcomes with clear policies, processes, and procedures. This class focuses on creating content that is easily comprehended and implemented by the reader. The instructor guides the class through hands-on writing exercises and peer review sessions. By the end of this class, participants will be ready to create documents that ensure compliance, safety, and efficiency.
This class is appropriate for professionals who need to create manuals, instructions, standard operating procedures, regulations and guidelines, work policies, and process documents.
- Understand the difference between policies, processes, and procedures
- Plan content based on the document goals, requirements, and audience
- Organize content to improve reader comprehension
- Practice techniques to write more efficiently
- Use best practices when formatting a document
- Choose concrete and specific words to eliminate misinterpretation
- Check wording for technical jargon and ambiguous vocabulary
- Edit for clarity, conciseness, and functionality
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.