Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- A little history.
- jQuery in the 2020s.
- Our project.
- Your first jQuery code.
- The document is ready.
- Caching jQuery Objects.
- Utility Functions.
- Adding elements.
- Removing elements.
- Replacing elements.
- Listening for events.
- Responding to events.
- Triggering events.
- on(), off(), and trigger()
- Event delegation.
- Display effects.
- Fading effects.
- Sliding effects.
- Ajax and JSON Basics.
- The Problems and Solutions with Ajax.
- Getting data with Ajax.
- Sending data with Ajax.
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Getting Started with jQuery
- Why jQuery in the 2020s?
- Our Approach
- Exercise: Getting Bootstrap
- Exercise: Getting Started with jQuery
- The jQuery Function and Selectors
- The Document is Ready
- Exercise: Waiting for the Load Event
- jQuery Selectors
- Converting HTML Elements to jQuery Elements
- Tree Traversal
- Caching jQuery Objects
- Exercise: Playing with Selectors
- Utility Functions
- jQuery Manipulation
- Getter and Setter Methods
- Exercise: Getter and Setter Methods Practice
- Setting and Adding Content
- Exercise: Setting and Adding Content
- Copying and Removing Content
- Exercise: Copying and Removing Content: Practice
- Properties vs. Attributes
- Shopping List Application
- Exercise: Logging
- Exercise: Adding EventListeners
- Exercise: Adding Items to the List
- Exercise: Dynamically Adding Remove Buttons to the List Items
- Exercise: Removing List Items
- Exercise: Preventing Duplicates and Zero-length Product Names
- jQuery Forms and Events
- Listening for Events
- Triggering Events
- Delegating Events
- Exercise: Event Delegation
- jQuery Effects
- Display Effects
- Fading Effects
- Exercise: Waiting for Fading to Finish
- Sliding Effects
- Other Animations
- Ajax and jQuery
- Using Ajax
- Exercise: Form Validation with Ajax
- Exercise: Getting Ready
- Exercise: Converting the Common Functions
- Exercise: Converting the Config View Functions
- Exercise: Convert the Game View Functions
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this jQuery class:
Experience in the following would be useful for this jQuery class:
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites: