Managing Web Design Projects
In this Managing Web Design Projects training class, you will learn all about the design process and how to manage a web design project from start to finish.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Learn about the phases of the design process.
- Learn how to define project scope.
- Learn about creating mockups and working with data.
- Learn how to integrate the pieces of your website project.
- Learn about usability and accessibility considerations.
- Learn the steps in rolling our your project.
- Learn how to analyze and learn from your project for future projects.
- Design Process
- Preproject Tasks
- Preproject Tasks
- Planning Phase
- Planning-Phase Process
- Top-down Approach
- Bottom-up Approach
- Plan Implementation
- Production-Phase Work Flow
- Production-Phase Process
- Postproduction Wrapup
- Postproduction Process
- Project Scope
- Preparing a Scope Statement
- Breaking Down a Scope Statement
- Building Proper Expectations
- Build Phases
- Demo - Using Phases to Organize a Project File
- Iteration Process
- Working through the Phases
- Best Technologies to Use
- Choosing a Technology
- Sharing Sample Designs
- Best Practices
- Creating Samples
- Organization Methods
- Fine Line between Creativity and Technology Limits
- Balancing Ideas with Available Technology
- Functionality Model
- Data Planning
- Creating a Data Map
- Data Gathering
- Gathering and Combining Data
- Data Best Practices
- Creating a Good Data Solution
- Breaking Down the Look
- Using Photoshop to Slice a Design
- Slicing Rules
- Map Twice, Slice Once
- Putting It Back Together
- Planning the Structure
- Building Flexible CSS Rules Using Dreamweaver
- Demo - CSS rules with Dreamweaver
- Combining the Look and Function
- Using Dreamweaver to Combine the Two
- Saving a Structure Template
- Demo - Combine Look and Code Using Dreamweaver
- Usability and Accessibility Rules
- Define the Rules
- 16 Rules
- How Do They Impact My Project
- Impact of Rules on the Project
- Popular Assistive Technology
- Enforcing the Rules
- Evaluating the Site for Compliance
- Setting Up a Safe Test Space
- Creating a Testing Space
- Setting Client Expectations
- Preparing the Client to Test the Site
- Dealing with Changes
- Making Changes Easy to Track
- Options and Ideas
- Post Project Tasks
- Looking Back
- Reports to View and Lessons to Learn
- Demo: Update a Project Plan
- Keeping Good Records
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.