Advanced React and Redux Training
This 2-day Advanced React and Redux training class takes beginning React skills to the next level.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Verifying Node.js and either NPM or yarn
- Verifying class libraries
- Verifying class files
- IDE (WebStorm or Visual Studio Code preferred)
- What is the Context API?
- How to use the Context API
- Hooks-based Context: the useContext() hook
- Class-based Context
- Testing while using Context
- Advanced Redux
- Using reselect to minimize re-rendering
- Normalizing state
- Higher-order reducers
- Helper libraries
- Introduction to routing
- What problem is routing trying to solve?
- How does routing solve this problem?
- Tying components to URLs
- Passing parameters via the URL
- Routing software: React Router
- Simple router example
- Testing routing
- More complex routing
- Top-level routing
- Routing at the top of your application
- Allowing other parts of the application to manage routing
- React-router objects
- Routing organizational techniques
- Testing advanced routing
- Advanced React
- Understanding and optimizing reconciliation
- Best practices for React reconciliation
- Recognizing common issues
- Making improvements
- What's a ref?
- What problem does it solve?
- How can I use refs?
- Hooks: the useRef() hook
- Classes and createRef()
- The challenges of testing refs
- Render props
- Rendering in depth
- Rendering a function instead of a prop
- Using the render prop pattern
- Testing render props
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
- Introductory level experience with React.