PostgreSQL Administration Training
Course Length: 4 days
Delivery Methods: Available as private class only
Students taking this PostgreSQL Administration training class will learn to effectively administer PostgreSQL.
- Learn to install PostgreSQL server and client.
- Learn to use psql and other PostgreSQL command line utilities.
- Learn to configure a a PostgreSQL cluster.
- Learn about PostgreSQL data types.
- Learn to create and use views.
- Learn to manage cluster security.
- Learn to create users and assign roles.
- Learn backup and recovery methods.
- Learn to optimize PostgreSQL.
- Learn about replication.
- Learn to upgrade PostgreSQL.
- Learn about continuous archiving and point-in-time recovery.
- Installing PostgreSQL Server and Client
- Comparison of installation methods
- Demonstration of installation
- Hands-on installation exercise
- Administration Tools and Options
- psql options
- Other PostgreSQL command line utilities
- Configuring a PostgreSQL Cluster
- Review components of a PostgreSQL cluster
- Initialize and run a cluster
- SQL in PostgreSQL
- Running queries in psql
- PostgreSQL data types
- Creating and using views
- Cluster Security
- Enabling remote connections to cluster
- Host-based authentication (pg_hba.conf)
- User Security
- Creating users
- Using and assigning user roles
- User authentication
- Backup and Recovery Methods
- Selecting an effective backup approach
- Logical backup
- Offline Physical backup
- PostgreSQL Optimization
- Configuring PostgreSQL system logs
- High Availability Configuration and Operation
- Setting up streaming replication
- Master-Standby replication
- Upgrading PostgreSQL
- Minor version upgrades
- Major version upgrades
- pg_upgrade utility
- Logical Replication
- Setting up logical replication
- Publisher/Subscriber configuration
- Continuous Archiving and Point-in-Time Recovery (PITR)
- Setting up WAL archiving
- Running an online physical backup
- Recovery from a continuous archive
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this PostgreSQL class:
- Familiarity with databases.
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors