Professional Azure SQL Database Administration
- Learn to provision a new Azure SQL database and migrate an existing on-premise SQL Server database to Azure SQL Database.
- Learn to back up and restore an Azure SQL Database.
- Learn to secure and scale an Azure SQL Database.
- Learn to monitor and tune an Azure SQL Database.
- Learn to implement high availability and disaster recovery with a Azure SQL database.
- Learn to automate common management tasks with PowerShell.
- Learn to develop a scalable cloud solution with SQL Database.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Azure SQL Database is the cloud version of SQL Server. It differs in terms of management, maintenance, and administration. It’s important to know how to administer SQL Database so that you can get the most out of the features that it provides. This course addresses different management aspects of an Azure SQL Database such as migration, backup and restore, pricing, security, scalability, monitoring, and performance optimization, high availability and disaster recovery.
This is a 3-day course which balances theory and hand-on applications that are focused on practical takeaways. Built with a narrative of a DBA, who is migrating from a traditional on-premises system to Azure SQL Database, this course emulates the different scenarios you might come across while working with Azure SQL Database.
This course is for database administrators, database developers, or application developers interested in developing new or migrating existing applications with Azure SQL Database.
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database Primer
- Azure SQL Database Architecture
- Migrating an SQL Server Database to an Azure SQL Database
- Azure SQL Database Service Tiers
- Determining an Appropriate Service Tier
- Determining Compatibility Issues
- Determining the Migration Method
- Backing up the SQL Database
- Automatic Backups
- Manual Backups
- Restoring an Azure SQL Database
- Restore Types
- Securing an Azure SQL Database
- Access Control
- Proactive Security
- Scaling Out Azure SQL Database
- Vertical Scaling
- Horizontal Scaling
- Elastic Pools
- Introducing Elastic Pools
- Elastic Jobs
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- High Availability
- Disaster Recovery
- Monitoring and Tuning Azure SQL Database
- Monitoring an Azure SQL Database Using the Azure Portal
- Tuning an Azure SQL Database
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Azure class:
- Prior experience of working on an on-premises SQL Server
- Knowledge of PowerShell and C#.
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors