MOC 10969 - Active Directory Services with Windows Server
In this Active Directory Services with Windows Server training class, you will learn to better manage and protect data access and information, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure, and provide more secure access to data. You will learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control (DAC), Work Folders, Work Place Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services (RMS), Federation Services, as well as integrating your on premise environment with cloud-based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory. In this class you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) experience and are looking for a single course that will further develop knowledge and skills using Access and Information Protection technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This would typically include:
- AD DS Administrators who are looking to further develop skills in the latest Access and Information Protection technologies with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- System or Infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to build upon that core knowledge and cross-train into advanced Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT Professionals who have taken the 10967: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure course and are looking to build upon that Active directory knowledge.
Microsoft Certified Partner
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). This class uses official Microsoft courseware and will be delivered by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Understand available solutions for identity management and be able to address scenarios with appropriate solutions.
- Learn to deploy and administer AD DS in Windows Server 2012.
- Learn to secure AD DS deployment.
- Learn to implement AD DS sites, configure and manage replication.
- Learn to implement and manage Group Policy.
- Learn to manage user settings with Group Policy.
- Learn to implement certification authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS and how to manage CAs.
- Learn to implement, deploy and manage certificates.
- Learn to implement and manage AD RMS.
- Learn to implement and administer AD FS.
- Learn to secure and provision data access using technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders and Workplace Join.
- Learn to monitor, troubleshoot and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Learn to implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
- Learn to implement and administer Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS).
- Overview of Access and Information Protection
- Introduction to Access and Information Protection Solutions in Business
- Overview of AIP Solutions in Windows Server 2012
- Overview of FIM 2010 R2
- Lab: Choosing an Appropriate Access and Information Protection Management Solution
- Advanced Deployment and Administration of AD DS
- Deploying AD DS
- Deploying and Cloning Virtual Domain Controllers
- Deploying Domain Controllers in Windows Azure
- Administering AD DS
- Lab: Deploying and Administering AD DS
- Securing AD DS
- Securing Domain Controllers
- Implementing Account Security
- Implementing Audit Authentication
- Lab: Securing AD DS
- Implementing and Administering AD DS Sites and Replication
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
- Lab: Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- Implementing Group Policy
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and Administering GPOs
- Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
- Lab: Implementing and Troubleshooting a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Managing User Settings with Group Policy
- Implementing Administrative Templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
- Lab: Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
- Deploying and Managing AD CS
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting, Maintaining, and Monitoring CAs
- Lab: Deploying and Configuring a Two-Tier CA Hierarchy
- Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Managing Certificates Deployment, Revocation, and Recovery
- Implementing and Managing Smart Cards
- Lab: Deploying and Using Certificates
- Implementing and Administering AD RMS
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
- Lab: Implementing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Implementing and Administering AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
- Lab: Implementing AD FS
- Implementing Secure Shared File Access
- Overview of Dynamic Access Control
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
- Implementing Workplace Join
- Lab: Implementing Secure File Access
- Monitoring, Managing, and Recovering AD DS
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the AD DS Database
- AD DS Backup and Recovery Options for AD DS and Other Identity and Access Solutions
- Lab: Monitoring AD DSLab: Recovering Objects in AD DS
- Implementing Windows Azure Active Directory
- Overview of Windows Azure AD
- Managing Windows Azure AD Accounts
- Lab: Implementing Windows Azure AD
- Implementing and Administering AD LDS
- Overview of AD LDS
- Deploying AD LDS
- Configuring AD LDS Instances and Partitions
- Configuring AD LDS Replication
- Integrating AD LDS with AD DS
- Lab: Implementing and Administering AD LDS
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Windows Server class:
- Experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Experience working in a Windows Server Infrastructure enterprise environment.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with Hyper-V and Server Virtualization concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of general security best practices.
- Experience working hands on with Windows client operating systems such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites: