Mastering Azure Repos
- Work with Azure repos.
- Learn about Git concepts.
- Learn about Visual Studio integration.
- Learn a wide range of advanced concepts.
In this Mastering Azure Repos training class, students will learn to work with Git repositories that enable better collaboration and cleaner code. To maximize learning, students will work in teams, in a common team project, on a common codebase.
This course is appropriate for all software developers who are using or considering using Azure Repos for Git version control. Having some experience with version control is recommended. Experience with Git, Visual Studio, and C# are also helpful, but not required.
- INTRODUCTION TO AZURE REPOS
- Azure DevOps overview
- Azure Repos overview
- Public vs. private repos
- Creating, configuring, and securing repos
- GIT CONCEPTS
- DVCS concepts and Git overview
- Using Git from the command line
- Creating/cloning a repository
- Git commit and history
- Basic Git workflows
- Git for Windows
- VISUAL STUDIO INTEGRATION
- Visual Studio Integration
- Connecting-to a repository
- Basic Git workflows revisited
- Associating comments and work items
- Viewing commit history
- Ignoring files when committing
- Visual Studio Code Integration
- WORKING WITH AZURE REPOS
- Annotating changes (for blame/praise)
- Editing commit history
- Checkout to a previos version
- Reverting to a previous version
- Resetting to a previous version
- Stashing changes
- Branching and merging
- Pull requests
- Branch policies
- Code reviews using pull requests
- MASTERING AZURE REPOS
- Git Hooks and Git extensions
- Code Search
- GitHub integration
- Workflows (Git Flow, GitHub Flow)
- Virtual File System for Git (VFS)
- Repository limits
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Azure DevOps Services class:
- Experience with version control is recommended.
Experience in the following would be useful for this Azure DevOps Services class:
- Experience with Git, Visual Studio, and C# are also helpful, but not required.