Managing Projects Using Azure Boards
- Learn to work with Azure Boards.
- Learn about the Product Backlog.
- Learn how to plan and manage a sprint.
This one-day Managing Projects Using Azure Boards training will demonstrate how an agile team can configure and use Azure Boards effectively. To maximize learning, students will work in teams, in a common team project, on a common case study.
This course is appropriate for all members of a software development team, especially those who are actively involved with creating and refining a product backlog as well as planning and executing work within a sprint. This course will also provide value for individuals outside the development team (managers, Scrum Masters, coaches, and other stakeholders) who want hands-on exposure to the capabilities of Azure Boards.
- Introduction to Azure Boards
- Azure DevOps Services overview
- Azure Boards overview
- The team project
- Creating and configuring a team project
- Securing a team project
- Teams, profiles, and notifications
- Extending Azure Boards
- Creating and using a Wiki
- The Product Backlog
- Process overview
- Working with the backlog
- Product Backlog Item vs. Bug work item type
- Features and Epics backlogs
- Decomposing large items
- Kanban board
- Tagging, querying, and charting work items
- Planning and Managing a Sprint
- Setting up a new sprint
- Forecasting work in the backlog
- The sprint backlog
- Creating a sprint plan
- The Task work item type
- The Test Case work item type
- Working with the Task Board
- Collaborating as a team
- Daily activities
- Implementing a definition of"Done"
- Completing a sprint
- Splitting an unfinished item
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Azure DevOps Services class:
- Some project management and software development experience, either as a team member or as a manager, is recommended.
Experience in the following would be useful for this Azure DevOps Services class:
- Experience with Agile software development, Scrum, and Visual Studio are also helpful, but not required.