Introduction to Microsoft Project 2019: Getting Started
In this Introduction to Microsoft Project 2019: Getting Started class, students will spend time getting comfortable with the Project 2019 or Project 365 user interface, including project views and the ribbon. They will also learn to enter, organize, and link tasks, work with resources, create basic reports, and create projects independently. The course allows time to practice fundamental basic skills essential for efficient use of this program.
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)
Webucator is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) approved by PMI® to issue professional development units (PDUs) for its project management training courses.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Learn to create and manage simple projects.
- Learn to enter and manage tasks.
- Learn to work with a project calendar.
- Learn to add and manage project resources and work with the resource sheet.
- Learn to create basic reports for your project.
Professional Development Units
- Components of a Project
- Project Components
- Demo and Exercise Projects Used in This Course
- Demo Case Study
- Exercise Case Study
- Getting around Microsoft Project 2019
- Starting Project
- The Ribbon
- Hiding the Ribbon
- The Backstage View
- Save, Save as, Open, Close
- Save & Send
- Tour of the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Basic Formatting
- Clipboard Group
- Project Calendar Start Date
- Setting Project to Auto Schedule New Tasks
- Setting the Start Date
- Creating a Project Calendar
- Custom Project Calendars
- Connecting a Calendar to a Project
- Working with Tasks
- Creating a Task
- Creating Summary Tasks
- Entering Durations
- Scheduling Tasks
- Milestone Tasks
- Linking Tasks
- Adding Notes to Tasks
- Creating and Working with Resources
- The Resource Sheet
- Entering Work Resources
- Entering Material Resources
- Entering Cost Resources
- Assigning Resources to Tasks
- Managing a Project
- Viewing a Project
- Reviewing and Making Adjustments to a Project
- The Project Timeline
- The Project Calendar
- Adjusting Tasks
- Setting a Baseline
- Viewing the Baseline
- Recording Progress
- Reporting on Projects
12 PMI® PDUs
Webucator is a Registered Education Provider approved by PMI® to issue 12 professional development units for the successful completion of this course.
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.