Branding SharePoint 2013
- Learn about SharePoint 2013 branding techniques.
- Learn how to use the Design Manager.
- Use CSS with SharePoint.
- Customize pages and page layouts.
- Learn how to create content rollups.
- Use Composed Looks with custom branding.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
In this Branding SharePoint 2013 training class, students will learn to customize SharePoint 2013 by applying various branding techniques. This course teaches a range of customization methods from simple Composed Looks options to more advanced Master Pages and CSS. The SharePoint customizations in this course will focus on using tools built into SharePoint such as Design Manager and display templates.
- SharePoint 2013 Branding Basics
- Understanding Levels of Branding
- What's New for Branding in SharePoint 2013
- Page Editing and the Ribbon
- Creating Sites and Subsites
- Page Editing Experience in SharePoint 2013
- Working with Navigation in SharePoint 2013
- Using Composed Looks
- SharePoint Master Pages
- Working with Page Layouts
- Using the Design Manager to Start a Design in SharePoint
- Introducing Design Manager
- Uploading Design Files
- Editing Master Pages
- Editing Page Layouts
- Publishing and Applying a Master Page
- Creating a Design Package
- Cascading Style Sheets and SharePoint
- A Brief CSS Primer
- CSS Inside of SharePoint
- Tools for Working with CSS
- Applying Custom CSS to SharePoint
- Editor Styles
- Styling Key areas of SharePoint
- Putting CSS to Work in SharePoint
- Creating Custom Master Pages and Page Layouts
- Understanding Traditional ASP.NET Master Pages
- Master Pages in SharePoint
- Creating Custom Page Layouts
- Upgrading 2010 Master Page to 2013
- Understanding SharePoint Solution Packages
- Advanced SharePoint Branding Tasks
- Working with Navigation
- Using Traditional Breadcrumbs
- Creating a Dynamic Back to Home Link
- Handling Anonymous Users
- Working with Device Channels
- Working with My Sites
- Creating Content Rollups with SharePoint WCM
- Introduction to Rollups in SharePoint
- Using the Content Query Web Part (CQWP)
- Using the Content Search Web Part (CSWP)
- Working with Display Templates
- CQWP versus CSWP
- Composed Looks and Custom Branding
- Understanding Composed Looks
- Applying a Composed Look to Custom Branding
- Creating a Master Page Preview
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SharePoint class:
- Students should have a good understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint, at least at an end user level.
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors