- Understand key negotiation strategies and tactics that are essential for IT Professionals.
- Gain insights into proper negotiation preparation.
- Acquire a life skill you can use at work and home.
IT managers negotiate with vendors about price, delivery dates, service levels, and a myriad of other topics. They also negotiate with their business users on everything from budget to software application features. As a result, negotiation skills are a key element of both IT organizational success and individual professional career development.
This Negotiation Skills for IT Professionals training class describes negotiation styles, keys to successful negotiation, how to deal with difficult negotiation tactics, and other related topics specific to IT.
- Important Concepts for IT Professionals
- Win-Win, Win-Lose, and Lose-Win
- Distributive vs. Integrative Negotiation
- Competitive vs. Cooperative Negotiation
- Needs vs. Wants
- Negotiation Preparations
- Understand What You're Negotiating
- Know Your Objectives
- Know Your Bottom Line
- Know Your Ability to Walk Away
- Negotiation Strategies
- Look for Mutual Gain
- Invent Creative Options
- Negotiate the Problem Not the Person
- Trade Effectively
- Handling Difficult Tactics and Advantages/Disadvantages
- Threats, Withdrawal, Pressure
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.