- Enhance your ability to influence those outside your organization.
- Learn ways technical leads and project managers can better manage their dotted-line resources.
The ability to influence others is key to the success of IT professionals from the CIO to the newest college intern. CIOs must work on equal footing with other C-suite executives, project managers must motivate and direct their dotted-line resources, and individual contributors often must influence others to get the resources and information they need to complete their tasks.
This class is ideal for project managers, business analysts, software testers, technical leads, and all others required to give direction and/or influence others without the specific organizational authority to do so.
- Initial Thoughts and Vocabulary
- Maximizing Your Personal Power
- Key Leadership Processes
- Influencing Other Corporate Players
- Barriers to Influence
- Formal Methodologies
- Influencing Styles
- Influential Communication
- Question Types
- Question Usages/Purposes
- Body Language
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.