Converting an Existing Web Application to Django
Course Length: Custom Length
Delivery Methods: Available as private class only
Part training / part consulting, we will work with you to create a plan for converting your existing web applications to Django and training your team. This course will be highly customized and could even involve training your end users (non-development staff) to work within Django admin – Django’s built in administration site.
- Learn from Webucator’s own experience converting legacy applications to Django.
- Clean up your existing code base and start fresh with “the web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.”
- Get your development team trained on Python and Django, so they can start adding value quickly.
- Learn to optimize and customize Django admin to create a user-friendly admin site for your non-technical staff.
- Learn to write automated tests using pytest.
This is a high-level outline because it depends largely on the size and background of your team and the sites you want to convert to Django.
- Analyze your existing databases and applications.
- Design your corresponding Django applications and models.
- Make a plan for converting your data to PostgreSQL based on your Django model design.
- Make a testing plan.
- Make a training plan for your development team and execute it.
- Create and customize Django admin to allow technical and non-technical users to administer your applications via a web interface.
- Make a training plan for your non-technical administrators and execute it.
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Django class:
- A solid understanding of your existing applications and databases.
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors