Test-Driven Development Using Visual Studio and C#
Course Length: 1 day
Delivery Methods: Available as private class only
In test-driven development, tests are written early and testing is performed continuously during the development process. Problems are discovered early and corrected when they are found. In this class, you will learn the methodology of test-driven development and to use the unit testing framework that comes with Visual Studio.
This is practical C# training, with many example programs and tests written in C#, including a cumulative case study. The goal is to quickly bring you up to speed in doing unit testing in your .NET development projects.
- Understand the principles of test-driven development.
- Acquire fluency in developing tests using the Visual Studio unit testing framework.
- Efficiently exercise test suites using Visual Studio and MSTest.
- Test-Driven Development
- What Is Test-Driven Development (TDD)?
- Functional Tests / Customer Tests
- Unit Tests / Programmer Tests
- Test Automation
- Simple Design
- A Visual Studio Test Drive
- TDD with Legacy Code
- Visual Studio Unit Testing Fundamentals
- Structure of Unit Tests
- Unit Testing Framework
- Test Cases
- Test Classes
- Test Runners
- Ignoring Tests
- Initialization and Cleanup
- More about Unit Testing Framework
- Expected Exceptions
- Custom Asserts
- Debugging Unit Tests
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this C# class:
- The student should have a basic knowledge of the .NET Framework and experience programming in C# with Visual Studio.
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors