- Understand the principles of test-driven development.
- Acquire fluency in developing tests using the Visual Studio unit testing framework.
- Efficiently exercise test suites using Visual Studio and MSTest.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
An emerging software engineering paradigm is test-driven development, where tests are written early and testing is performed continuously during the development process. Problems are discovered early and corrected when they are found. This one-day Test-Driven Development Using Visual Studio and C# training class for developers explains the methodology of test-driven development and the use of the unit testing framework that comes with Visual Studio 2017, including the free Community version.
This is practical C# training, with many example programs and tests written in C#, including a cumulative case study. The goal is to quickly bring you up to speed in doing unit testing in your .NET development projects.
- Test-Driven Development
- What Is Test-Driven Development (TDD)?
- Functional Tests / Customer Tests
- Unit Tests / Programmer Tests
- Test Automation
- Simple Design
- A Visual Studio Test Drive
- TDD with Legacy Code
- Visual Studio Unit Testing Fundamentals
- Structure of Unit Tests
- Unit Testing Framework
- Test Cases
- Test Classes
- Test Runners
- Ignoring Tests
- Initialization and Cleanup
- More about Unit Testing Framework
- Expected Exceptions
- Custom Asserts
- Debugging Unit Tests
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this C# class:
- The student should have a basic knowledge of the .NET Framework and experience programming in C# with Visual Studio.
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors