Managing Virtual Teams
- Gain insights into the challenges and issues of managing virtual teams.
- Learn key methodologies, tips, and techniques to maximize your virtual team's effectiveness.
Managing people within a single location certainly has its challenges. These challenges are magnified when your team is remote---physically dispersed across town, across the country, and/or across the world.
This class is designed to provide insights into the tactics, techniques, and processes needed to effectively manage virtual teams.
- Virtual team challenges
- Basic challenges for all virtual teams
- Challenges magnified by time zone, cultural differences, and international context
- Team Communication Assessment and Debrief
- Comparing co-located and virtual team differences
- Virtual Team Profile
- Assessing team Interdependency, status and composition
- General Team Communication
- Trust, rules of engagement, team expectations, etc.
- Using Virtual Technologies
- Synchronous and asynchronous
- Virtual Meeting Tips and Best Practices
- Cultural Intelligence and Team Building
- Value of diversity in the workplace
- Business ethics and practices
- Global cultures, verbal communication, and etiquette
- Virtual Team Building Activities
- Home Office Productivity Factors
- Appendix 1: Home Office Productivity Tips
- Appendix 2: Home Office Design Tips
- Appendix 3: Video Cam Tips and Tricks
- Appendix 4: Virtual Body Language
- Appendix 5: The Hofstede Center Cultural Index
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.