Making The IT Management Move
- Learn specific steps needed position yourself for future management roles.
- Gain advice on how to successfully make the transition from individual contributor to Technical Lead and/or IT Manager.
This Making The IT Management Move training class is designed to help prepare technical individual contributors for future Information Technology (IT) management roles by providing these future leaders with the actionable steps, IT management concepts, and mental insights needed to successfully move their careers forward and deliver maximum effectiveness to the organization.
- Personal Growth
- Making Sure You Want to be a Manager
- Defining Your Management Style
- Learning from Other Managers and Mentors
- Leadership versus Management
- Expanding Your IT Knowledge
- How to Think Like a CIO
- Move from Being a Mile Deep to a Mile Wide
- Expanding your Business Knowledge
- How to Learn More about Your User's/Client's Profession
- Learning Company Processes
- Learning More about Your Company and Industry
- Expanding Your Educational and IT Credentials
- Understanding Your Future Job Description
- Professional Certifications, Formal Education, and Internal Classes
- Practicing a Leadership Role
- Volunteer for Cross-department Committees
- Provide Leadership on Small Projects and through Volunteerism
- Learn to Delegate
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.