CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
This CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) training is for students with experience in the increasingly crucial field of information security who are now ready to take that experience to the next level. This is the course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing complex enterprise environments. In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certification and who want to prepare for Exam CAS-003. Students seeking CASP certification should have at least 10 years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.
CompTIA Authorized Partner
Webucator is a CompTIA Authorized Partner. Our CompTIA courses use CompTIA-approved learning materials and are delivered by CompTIA-certified instructors.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for mobile devices.
- Implement network security.
- Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct security assessments.
- Respond to and recover from security incidents.
- Supporting IT Governance and Risk Management
- Identify the Importance of IT Governance and Risk Management
- Assess Risk
- Mitigate Risk
- Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
- Leveraging Collaboration to Support Security
- Facilitate Collaboration across Business Units
- Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
- Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
- Determine Industry Trends and Their Effects on the Enterprise
- Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
- Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Implement Authentication and Authorization Technologies
- Implement Advanced Identity and Access Management
- Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Select Cryptographic Techniques
- Implement Cryptography
- Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
- Select Host Hardware and Software
- Harden Hosts
- Virtualize Servers and Desktops
- Protect Boot Loaders
- Implementing Security Controls for Mobile Devices
- Implement Mobile Device Management
- Address Security and Privacy Concerns for Mobile Devices
- Implementing Network Security
- Plan Deployment of Network Security Components and Devices
- Plan Deployment of Network-Enabled Devices
- Implement Advanced Network Design
- Implement Network Security Controls
- Implementing Security in the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle
- Implement Security throughout the Technology Lifecycle
- Identify General Application Vulnerabilities
- Identify Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Implement Application Security Controls
- Integrating Assets in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Integrate Standards and Best Practices in Enterprise Security
- Select Technical Deployment Models
- Integrate Cloud-Augmented Security Services
- Secure the Design of the Enterprise Infrastructure
- Integrate Data Security in the Enterprise Architecture
- Integrate Enterprise Applications in a Secure Architecture
- Conducting Security Assessments
- Select Security Assessment Methods
- Perform Security Assessments with Appropriate Tools
- Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
- Prepare for Incident Response and Forensic Investigations
- Conduct Incident Response and Forensic Analysis
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this CompTIA class:
Experience in the following would be useful for this CompTIA class:
- CompTIA Security+ is strongly recommended.
- CompTIA A+ Certification