Understanding the History of Diversity - Exercise
Understanding the History of Diversity
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
Answer the following questions and then discuss as a class.
- When was the Women's Bureau of the Department of Labor formed?
- How did President Kennedy improve diversity in 1961?
- True or False: Improved work conditions and equal opportunity laws which help promote diversity, do not guarantee equality in the workplace.
- A. 1920
- In 1961, President John F. Kennedy improved hiring practices for women and established maternity leave.
- True. The responsibility falls on each and every employee to protect and respect one another.