Understanding How to Encourage Diversity - Exercise
Understanding How to Encourage Diversity
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
Answer the following questions and then discuss as a class.
- True or False: Encouraging diversity is the responsibility of managers and employees.
- Why would a mentor program be a good way to encourage diversity in a team?
- How does a company as a whole represent diversity?
- If a company hires people from many different cultures and races, does that make it diverse? Why or why not?
- Pairing individuals with different skills together is a great way to learn from each other.
- Individuals representing different cultures, ages, genders, and races must have roles throughout the company at all levels.
- No. A company with many different races may look diverse, but if they all think the same then this is not diversity and does not bring the benefits of diversity.