Personal Application for Personality Types - Exercise
Personal Application for Personality Types
Duration: 30 minutes.
In this exercise, you will consider the following questions.
- Think about your personality and the personality of another person in your workplace.
- Write down two strengths each of you possesses.
- Write down two weaknesses each of you demonstrates from time to time.
- Compare the strengths with the weaknesses. Are your strengths and weaknesses rooted in the same personality traits? Is the other person's?
- If you have never taken a personality assessment, find one or two to try. They may be available at your work or you can do a web search. Use "free personality assessment" as keywords. While some may cost a small amount, there are many available for free. Once you receive your results, consider how your personality fits your work, your relationships, and your interests.
- In thinking about this question, consider how your and your co-worker's strengths and weaknesses play into your daily work lives.
- Is your personality assessment as expected? Did you find the assessment as expected or surprising? If surprising, how so?