Morale and Turnover
Duration: 5 minutes.
In this exercise, you will respond to the following questions about turnover.
- What can be inferred if a supervisor inconsistently manages a staff member who exhibits difficult behaviors?
- The supervisor is having a bad day.
- The supervisor has not been trained.
- The supervisor is a bad person.
- The supervisor is not very smart.
- What was the biggest complaint reported by employees about their supervisor in the Florida State University study?
- Their supervisors are plagiarizers.
- Their supervisor failed to give credit when due.
- Their supervisor failed to keep promises.
- Their supervisor made negative comments about them to other employees or managers.
- Which of the following are common costs of employee turnover?
- Purchasing new supplies
- Travel expenses
- Creating and posting job ads and marketing for the position
- B. The supervisor has not been trained
- C. Their supervisor failed to keep promises
- A. Training and D. Creating and posting job ads and marketing for the position