Personal Application for Boundaries - Exercise
Personal Application for Boundaries
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
In this exercise, you will consider the following questions.
- Have you ever felt resentful toward someone at work? Do you know why? Resentment is a result of broken boundaries.
- List situations that annoy you or cause you resentment.
- For each situation, describe what you'd like to see happen to stop the negative feelings.
- Consider each desire and evaluate as objectively as possible whether or not your expectations are realistic. If you feel comfortable doing so, have another person review your expectations and give you their objective opinion.
- Hold on to these issues; you'll refer back to them later.
- For this exercise, think about your own workplace and be honest about your answers to the questions. You do not have to share them with anyone. Focus especially on what you'd like to see happen in the way of a solution.