Communicating Boundaries and Consequences - Exercise
Communicating Boundaries and Consequences
Duration: 10 minutes.
In this exercise, you will respond to the following questions about the boundaries and consequences.
- Match the following:
- "I" statements
- Neutral location
- Related Terms
- Reduce defensiveness
- Not person
- What happens when boundaries have no consequences?
- The threat of a consequence will suffice.
- The boundary will be unproductive.
- People will feel better about the boundary and will respect it.
- The answers to question 1 are as follows:
- i. Emotion and iv. Avoid
- ii. "I" statements and i. Reduce defensiveness
- iii. Feedback and vii. Positive
- iv. Expectations and v. Realistic
- v. Positive and ii. Attitude
- vi. Problem and vi. Not person
- vii. Neutral location and iii. Nonthreatening
- B. The boundary will be unproductive.