Personal Application for Confronting the Difficult Personality - Exercise
Personal Application for Confronting the Difficult Personality
Duration: 10 minutes.
In this exercise, you will consider the following questions.
- It's beneficial in all aspects of our lives to be able to manage emotions. Consider a time when you confronted a difficult person and became emotional during the process. Analyze the dynamics and situation.
- What could have been done to make that situation more successful?
- Log your emotions throughout the day. When you recognize your emotional state, are you able to change it?
- Practice emotion control:
- What can you think about that gives you happy emotions?
- What can you think about that gives you sad emotions?
- Practice separating yourself from a situation to bring your emotions to a neutral state.
For this exercise, keep in mind what you have learned so far and consider your honest answers to these questions.