Confronting the Difficult Personality - Exercise
Confronting the Difficult Person
Duration: 5 minutes.
In this exercise, you will respond to the following questions about confronting difficult people.
- Which of the following may be beneficial when confronting a difficult person?
- Informing someone about the conversation.
- Offering refreshments.
- Speaking in low tones.
- Escalating the issue to a higher authority.
- None, it's not safe to confront difficult people.
- Which of the following minimize emotional escalation?
- Maintaining a position of power.
- Using neutral tones and body language.
- Directly pointing out where the other person is wrong.
- Dramatic displays.
- Rescheduling the meeting when feeling intimidated.
- A. Informing someone about the conversation, C. Speaking in low tones and D. Escalate the issue to a higher authority
- B. Using neutral tones and body language, and E. Rescheduling the meeting when feeling intimidated.