Libraries are a new feature of Windows 7 that allow you to organize your files in one central location, no matter where they are actually located, making it easier to work with them.
Windows 7 provides four default windows, Documents, Music, Pictures, and Video, and you can create your own.
Create a Library
To create a new library:
- Select the Start menu button.
- Select your user name.
- From the navigation pane on the left, select Libraries.
- In the Libraries window, select New Library.
- Type a name for your new Library.
Add a Folder to a Library
To add a folder with one of the default Libraries or one that you created:
- Select the folder you want to add to a Library, and right-click it.
- From the menu, select Include in Library.
- From the menu, select which Library you want to add the folder to.
- The folder will now be included in the Library, as well as still reside where it is located.