Duration: 30 to 60 minutes.
In this exercise, you will assess a website in terms of web accessibility. Browsing a website of your choice, complete the following tasks:
- Using the Web Accessibility Toolbar:
- Replace images with their alt-text. Is any important information missing?
- Disable CSS. Is the information still understandable?
- Linearize all tables. Does the content still make sense?
- Change the fonts and colors. Is any content illegible?
- Unplug or move your mouse. Without using your mouse, navigate the site. Is there any action you are unable to complete?
- Use WebExact or Cynthia Says to evaluate a page. How did the page fare? Were there any unexpected results?
- Use the Lynx View in the Web Accessibility Toolbar. Is the content understandable? Is any important information missing?
- Use a talking browser (e.g. Home Page Reader) or a screen reader (e.g. JAWS or Window Eyes) and turn off your monitor. How easy is it to understand and navigate the content?