Creating an Ad Layout Using Different Types of Typography - Exercise
Creating an Ad Layout Using Different Types of Typography
Duration: 15 to 25 minutes.
In this exercise, you will create an ad layout for Round Rings Inc. using different typography. Open types-of-typography/Solutions/MyAd_import.ai if you wish to see a completed ad. Be as creative as you like, but do try to include a logo, title, and body text. Images are your choice if you wish to add them; some have been included in extra-files.
Note: The solution files use Adobe Illustrator.
- Open a layout program (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign are a few examples), but you may use any that you like.
- Create a new document.
- You may create a logo, art object, and body text on your own or choose to import the finished objects ready to place (see below).
- Open/import the various elements extra-files (artistic_ring.ai, logo_edge.ai, logo_fun.ai, or bodyContent.docx).
- Place them using your best judgment to develop an ad for a magazine or online ad (you choose the media type).
- Make sure to use the proper types of fonts when formatting the body text and creating an artistic text/logo. For example, use one of each (serif, sans serif, decorative).
- Save the ad "types-of-typography/Exercises/MyAd" (file type will differ based on the software you are using).