Tools, Services, and Management
There are numerous Twitter tools that are available to companies for their benefit.
Here are popular tools and services companies are currently using:
- When responding to any comments, you can use the @ sign to highlight a user's name. A notification will be sent to the user's account letting the user know that your company has responded to them.
- Many companies host contests on Twitter using apps such as WildFire Interactive. These applications allow users to enter the contest by tweeting and, as a result, share the contest with their friends and increase overall engagement.
From a management perspective, here are some considerations:
- Make sure you have a specific policy related to who can tweet on behalf of your company.
- Encourage employees to help provide content for tweets.
- Consider having employees develop their own Twitter presence outside of the corporate account. Many companies will ask employees to engage in conversation relevant to their industry and their work function. See the example from CNN: